Courses during the academic year
Polish language classes
Centre “Polonicum” offers Polish language classes at all levels: starting from level A1 to C2.
Students attending the regular course have 60 hours of classes per semester (stationary or online). The classes end with a final test for credit. The course is worth 4 ECTS points.
Registration for courses is here:
Lectures and conversation classes
All students should take an online placement test before registering for the Polish language course.
The online test is available at:
The placement test will help you assess the level of your Polish language skills and enable us to assign you to the sutiable language group.
The test should be taken without using a dictionary and other aids.
You may take the test only once!
Test instructions (Instrukcja do testu)
- The maximum time to complete the test is 90 minutes. At any moment, you can see how much time is left on the left side of the screen.
- If you are asked to insert Polish characters, click on the keyboard icon that will appear on the right side of the question gap. For more information, refer to the manual “Polish letters / Wpisywanie polskich znaków”. It is recommended to read it before the test.
- After answering all questions, click the “Next” button to see a summary of the test. If you want to finish your test, click the “Submit all and finish”
- The questions are sorted from the easiest one to the most difficult one. You do not have to answer all the questions. Finish the test if you decide that the next questions are too difficult.
- After finishing, you can register to the relevant group – go to the REJESTRACJA DLA STUDENTÓW (REGISTRATIONS FOR STUDENTS)
Your score will be visible to the teachers of Centre “Polonicum” – do not register for a group of a different level!
Instruction for the token registration in USOS
Registration for all classes takes place through the USOS online student registration system http://rejestracja.usos.uw.edu.pl on the dates specified by the University of Warsaw.
Registration began on 15th June 2021!
Registration is open until 11th October 2021, 12.00 p.m. (CEST time, UTC +2)
- Log in at http://rejestracja.usos.uw.edu.pl
- Choose REJESTRACJE (REGISTRATIONS)
- Find Polonicum – lektoraty on the list below.
- Select the group number at the level as indicated in your placement test and click on the “trolley” icon in the upper left corner.
- In order to register for the lectures at Polonicum, select Polonicum – wykłady
For the Polish+ students (Sichuan University in Chengdu and University of Warsaw’s double-degree program).
Współczesna literatura polska w perspektywie glottodydaktycznej
[Contemporary Polish Literature in Teaching Polish as a Foreign Language]
Seminar addressed to students of the first year of Master’s Degree in Polish Studies who are interested in teaching contemporary Polish literature to foreigners learning Polish.
The seminar is held by Dr. Justyna Zych.
The seminar will take place on Wednesdays, from 3.00 pm to 4.30 pm. In the winter semester of the academic year 2020/2021, it will be conducted online due to the current pandemic situation.
Two-Week Intensive Polish Language Course for Erasmus Students in September
For almost twenty years, the Polonicum Centre, together with the University of Warsaw International Relations Office, has been organising the Two-Week Intensive Polish Language Course for Erasmus Students in September.
The course is always held in the last two weeks of September. It is meant to enable foreign students studying at the University of Warsaw to speak Polish in everyday life contexts, such as ordering in a restaurant or grocery shopping. Therefore, grammar is limited to the necessary minimum during classes. Teachers focus on useful vocabulary and the most commonly used Polish expressions and phrases.
Course participants are divided into several small groups where they have an opportunity to meet colleagues from different countries and different University departments who also chose Warsaw as a destination of their Erasmus programme. The majority of groups are for total beginners but there are also options for those who have already studied Polish.
Classes take place from Monday to Friday, from 9.00 am to 12.30 pm on the main University campus. Altogether, the course includes 40 hours of classes.
In the academic year 2020/2021, the course will be exceptionally held online due to the pandemic situation.
If students regularly attend the course and pass successfully the final test they obtain 2 ETCS credits.
Enrollment for the Two-Week Intensive Polish Language Course for Erasmus Students in September is handled by the Warsaw University of Warsaw International Relations Office: http://bwz.uw.edu.pl/.