Learn Polish with the Polonicum, University of Warsaw
Information for the candidates
- The courses are organized in a trimester system (with 3-month terms), which means that registration must be repeated after each trimester.
- The enrolment can be completed online (firstname.lastname@example.org) or via a webpage. A learner should fill in an application form and write down a placement test.
- The full fee for a given trimester should be transferred to the Polonicum bank account within 3 working days from the date of registration. The candidate will be added to the list of course participants after payment. Payment is possible only by bank transfer, it is not possible to pay in cash.
- AN INVOICE. If you need an invoice, please send the invoice details no later than on the day of payment by e-mail to the address: email@example.com. Due to the regulations of the University of Warsaw, failure to comply with this guideline shall result in refusal to issue an invoice. Please also remember that the VAT invoice is issued to the name of the person or institution that actually made the payment. This means that, for example, a participant paid for by the company he or she works for cannot make a payment from a private. If the University of Warsaw is to issue an invoice to the company, the payment has to be made directly by the company.
- In case of resignation from the course during its duration, the fee can only be refunded in documented special cases and is proportional to the number of lessons left. Polonicum Centre does not refund money for lessons not attended by the participant.
- In case when the lessons cannot take place for reasons related to the teacher (illness or other unforeseen events), they will be postponed to the date agreed with the group.
- The number of participants in an online group ranges from 8 to 12. Limit for classroom course is 14.
- Changing the group can only take place upon the approval of the teacher and employees of the office.
- Each trimester ends with a test verifying the degree to which the student has mastered the curriculum material, on which basis the student is entitled to receive a certificate.
- After each trimester, students fill in an anonymous questionnaire in which they evaluate the course program and the work of the teacher.
- The curricula of all courses meet the requirements of the State Commission for the Certification of Proficiency in Polish as a Foreign Language, which means that they comply with the requirements for passing the state certification examination. Polonicum is a centre organizing state certificate examinations. Further information can be found under the link: http://polonicum.uw.edu.pl/en/state-certificate-examinations. At the same time, we would like to inform you that the open trimester course is not a so-called exam preparation course, i.e. a course in which you solve typical exam tasks. Sample exam tasks can be found on the website of the State Commission for the Certification of Proficiency in Polish as a Foreign Language: https://certyfikatpolski.pl/.
DISCLAIMER! Polonicum does not assist in obtaining a visa, nor does it accept payments for several trimesters in advance.
Term periods and prices in the academic year 2023/2024
9 October 2023 – 19 December 2023
Registration opens on 10 September 2023 and will continue as long as there are vacant places in the list!
20 meetings × 3 hours = 60 hours.
8 January 2024 – 21 March 2024
Registration opens on 11 December 2023 and will continue as long as there are vacant places in the list!
22 meetings × 3 hours = 66 hours.
3 April 2024 – 27 June 2024
Registration opens on 4 March 2024 and will continue as long as there are vacant places in the list!
27 Mar 2023 – 23 Jun 2024
22 meetings × 3 hours = 66 hours.