Information for the candidates
The history of POLONICUM started with a summer Polish language course that has now been continuously organized for over 60 years. Year after year, its popularity is increasing, not only among young people and students, but also among mature people of different professions and nationalities. The course is held in August, it lasts 4 weeks and is usually attended by about 200 people from all over the world. Lectures are delivered daily (except Saturdays and Sundays). Students attend the course in several groups at all levels of proficiency in the Polish language: from beginner to advanced. For each level there is an original curriculum prepared, and students have two teachers at their disposal. There is also a cultural programme prepared for the students: lectures and seminars on Polish history, Polish culture and literature, reality and society. Furthermore, students can participate in workshops dealing with language, literature, texts, etc. The programme also includes, among others, screenings of the most recent Polish films, piano concerts of Chopin’s music in the Łazienki Park, walks in interesting places of the capital, visits to Warsaw museums, city games and other forms of exploring language and culture. Every year, our students enjoy many experiences, emotions and attractions. They include learning the Polonaise dance under the guidance of a choreographer from the University’s Folk Song and Dance Ensemble “Warszawianka”. The show of the Polonaise at the end of the course is the crowning of the students’ efforts and adventure with the Polish language and culture.
The 67th Summer Course of Polish Language and Culture (offline)
Course term: 1 – 26 August 2022
Application deadline: 16 July 2022
76 hours of language classes.
Additional classes on culture and language (included in the fee):
- Language workshops (18 hours),
- Lectures on Polish history and culture in English (6 hours) and Polish (6 hours),
- Museum field trips,
- Film screenings (6 hours),
- Dance workshops (8 hours).
- Citywide scavenger hunts.
- Integration trip with a barbecue.
- Walks around Warsaw.
- We can help you arrange accommodation in the dormitory.
Classes will be held from Mon. to Fri., 9.00 am -12.15 pm (CET) ; workshops and lectures – a few times a week, 1.45 pm- 4.30pm (CET). Besides, materials for individual language training will be provided everyday.
- Groups at all language levels.
- Classes delivered by professors of Centre Polonicum, qualified teachers of Polish as a foreign language, experienced in teaching foreigners with the best methods available.
- Modern methods of remote education.
- Only adults are admitted to the course.
4 ECTS points
Price: 2700 PLN
Terms and conditions
The following persons can participate in the course:
- Persons who have received scholarships under cultural agreements of the Republic of Poland with other countries. Applications for such scholarships should be submitted in the applicant’s own country to the relevant authorities in charge of their granting. Applications for such scholarships sent directly to POLONICUM will not be taken into consideration.
- Persons who have been referred to the course by foreign universities or other research institutions which have agreements on direct cooperation with the University of Warsaw. Information on the terms and conditions of participation for foreigners coming under such university agreements is provided by the International Relations Office of the University of Warsaw: http://bwz.uw.edu.pl/pracownicy-biura/.
- Other persons who can participate in the course upon payment of a fee. The fee for the course must be paid within 10 days of receiving the confirmation of admission.
Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28 00-927 Warszawa (Krakowskie Przedmieście Street 26/28, 00-927 Warsaw, Poland)
SWIFT/BIC code: BIGBPLPWXXX
Bank account number: PL85 1160 2202 0000 0000 3686 8683
Title of the transfer: Applicant’s first name and surname
- A person enrolling in the course is required to notify the “Polonicum” office that he/she needs an invoice on the day of payment. The invoice data should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com. Failure to comply with this guideline shall result in refusal to issue an invoice.
- All further information can be obtained from POLONICUM office: tel. (+48 22) 55 21 533, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting applications is 17 July 2022.
Application forms should be sent by e-mail or by post to the address:
Centrum Języka Polskiego i Kultury Polskiej dla Cudzoziemców POLONICUM
Krakowskie Przedmieście 26/28 00–927 Warszawa
Tel. (+48 22 ) 55 21 533